Hey everyone! I was surfing the ‘net the other day, and came across a cool notebook with galaxy print on it! Now, if you haven’t seen it, galaxy print looks like this:
[image courtesy of https://www.pinterest.com/AliDreamsOnXo/galaxy/%5D
I wanted to paint something like it. Here’s how I did mine (and Elizabeth’s :P)
Things you’ll need:
- Notebook or paper (black please!)
- Sponge (preferably a sponge meant for paint)
- Paint Brushes (dry and course-haired is best)
- White paint
- Purple paint (you can mix blue and red. Add more red for a fuchsia color, add more blue for a indigo/violet)
- Blue paint (both dark and light)
- Silver paint (optional)
- Paper towels (optional, but they make cleanup easier)
- Black paint (if your notebook/whatever your painting isn’t black already)
Step 1: Prep your area. Lay out paper towels and paint your notebook black (if it isn’t already). Mine was already black, but had a drawing on it that I didn’t like, so I painted over it.
Step 2: Use the sponge to apply the blues and purple alternately. Go in any design you’d like, but make sure to leave some space on the notebook that’s pure black.
Step 3: Add the stars. This is where I recommend you putting paper towels everywhere (unless you’re somewhere where you don’t mind things getting white spots.) The best way to do it is to take a course-haired brush, dip it in white paint, then drag your finger across the brush to make the paint splatter onto the notebook.
Step 4: Repeat step three with silver paint if desired.
That’s it! Now you can proudly show off your one-of-a-kind supernova notebook!
~Elizabeth and Kathleen